I don't have a picture, and it has been several weeks since Autumn lost her first tooth, but I have to write this down. She lost it after General Conference, because she and Porter slept that night in the "tent" we put up in Porter's room. She asked me if she should put the tooth under her pillow in the tent, or in her room. I told her to put in her room, you know, to make it easy for the tooth fairy. Like the good mom that I am, I forgot about it. This has happened before with Porter, but I always make up some story about how the tooth fairy must have been busy. I heard the kids talking in the morning so I went in to talk to them, and Autumn asked if I thought the tooth fairy had come, and I said..."Just give the tooth fairy a little longer..." I ran to my room to search for money, and when I came out, Porter was standing outside Autumns room with a funny look on his face. When I got closer, he whispered, "Don't worry mom, I put $2 under her pillow." I started laughing, and asked when he figured out the tooth fairy wasn't real. He stared blankly, so I asked if it was because I was so forgetful as the tooth fairy, and he just nodded. What a nice brother to try to keep up appearances for Autumn. She was so excited! :)
8 comments:
Ridiculously cute! Hooray for Porter! What a good brother.
That's hilarious and cute all at the same time! I'm sure you'll be able to keep Autumn out of the loop for awhile, as clueless as you say she is!
So Cute! Porter is such a sweet boy. I can't wait to see you guys in July!!
That is way too funny!! I love that he covered up for you and ran and put the money under the pillow!! LOL None of my kids have admitted to not believing in the tooth fairy, santa etc.
how did i miss this? so cute. autumn is going to love having him around ... for most of her life anyway;)
Way to go Porter! He's an amazing kid! Bethany is getting close to losing her first tooth. It's an exciting time for her!
What a nice kid! My boys miss your kids all the time. Still. Come back here, why don't you?
Ah, I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one making excuses for a tardy tooth fairy. So sweet of Porter to be the tooth fairy for you. I can see Jake having the idea but being too stingey with his money to actually put some there. Give those kiddos a hug from their long lost auntie!
Post a Comment