Saturday, June 13, 2009

City Kids at the Farm


After we took Porter to his final day of cub scout day camp, I took Marik and Autumn to "Morningside Park". They have a section of the park that they have a little farm that is modeled after a typical homestead here in Alachua County in 1870. They sometimes have staff that dress up, and make biscuits, and syrup from sugar cane, and serve it to anyone who visits that day. They have a garden that anyone is allowed to pick (and keep) vegetables from on certain days, and the kids can feed the animals they have there. It is a really cute little place! I included the picture of Marik feeding the cow because he had really had to put on a brave face after being attacked by a rooster. :) The man working there said that a little boy had kicked that particular rooster a while back and now he was a bully towards little kids and was usually locked up now because of it. I felt bad for Marik because it really scared him. He was just standing there looking at the cows, and this rooster flies out and pecks him in the stomach and knocks him backwards! Yikes! I held him for a while, then he was ready to feed the cows pretty soon after that.
Posted by Picasa
This was just supposed to be a picture, but Marik's face was too funny not to include it!

7 comments:

CJB said...

Ok that is too funny!

Ashley said...

Marik = Hilarious! It does look like a cute little place too. Fun fun.

Jon, Wendy, Riley, Chris, and Jo said...

Oh man.... I had to watch that about 4 times I couldn't stop laughing! Great faces!

Heather said...

I need to get some more details about this "scary" place that we need to visit now!

Bree said...

That is fine you took that picture off, Im glad you told me so I can e-mail it. I totally forgot so thanks for the reminder. Let us know if you make any 4th plans we are in!

Camilla said...

Good fun! Poor Marik being attacked by a rooster. I don't think my girls would have recovered so quickly. I love Marik's faces.
Hey, you need to change our blog to camiwow instead of redeeze. Matthew is using redeeze for all of this technical mumbo jumbo...

Holly said...

marik is hilarious as always.